Club Overview & Map
Few golf experiences can match the blend of stunning natural beauty and variety of challenges presented at Monarch Beach Golf Links. Here, along the dramatic bluffs of Southern California, master architect, Robert Trent Jones, Jr., has fashioned an intriguing layout on one of the select few oceanfront golf courses in California. Commanding sweeping views to the sea, this par-70 championship course offers an unending variety of play.
Quality and service are at the core of the golf experience at Monarch Beach Golf Links, which offers an assortment of amenities for the convenience of our guests:
- Resort golf facility open to the public year-round
- At the Clubhouse, the Club 19 restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, drinks & appetizers until the later afternoon with spectacular golf course and ocean views
- The golf courses, Monarch Café, and refreshment cars service is located adjacent to the first tee and fifth green
- Golf & Lifestyle Retail Store offers top lines of golf merchandise and equipment as well resort wear and ocean themed home decor
- Locker room for men and women
- Golfers have access to the Miraval Spa facilities and gym for a discounted rate of $25 (only valid for same-day as golf)
- The Golf Academy at Monarch Beach offers various player development and golf instruction programming
- Netted hitting bays, putting & chipping green
- FLEX Sets premium club rentals available featuring; TaylorMade, Callaway, Ping & Titleist
- Nike rental Golf Shoes available
- 24-hour reservation service; phone & online
- Groups ranging in size from 12 to 144+ can be accommodated for tournaments and special events
- The host of the 2001 & 2002 Hyundai Team Matches
- Golf Magazine’s Premier Golf Resorts for 2016-2017 - GOLD Medal Winner
- 4.5 stars (out of 5) - Golf Digest, “Best Places To Play”
- Golf Channel's #1 Buddies Trip for Ladies for 2013 & 2016
- OC Weekly Winner of the Best Golf Course of 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019
- Voted best golf course by Mom & Dad, 2019, Parenting OC
- Voted Best of Dana Point, 2020 by the Dana Point Award Program
Cooled by the ocean breezes in summer and blessed with a mild year-round climate, Monarch Beach Golf Links is an ideal golf destination. Tight fairways and small undulating greens make the course an enjoyable challenge for all levels of play. PGA Pro Tom Watson, who competed in the 2001 Hyundai Team Matches with top tour leaders from the PGA, LPGA, and Senior PGA circuits, compared the greens to those at Augusta National.
Walk directly from the Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club along our golf course, stop at the Monarch Café to enjoy a light bite, then continue along the path that hugs the pacific ocean towards Salt Creek Beach to loop back around through Sea Terrace Park to the Resort. A great way to stretch the legs while enjoying the SoCal lifestyle.
for a printable version of the above full MBGL course map.
Click here for a printable version of the above Golf Resort property map.